Hesperian Health Guides is a nonprofit publisher of international health resources and materials. Best known for the publication, *Where There Is No Doctor*, Hesperian has worked to make life-saving health information readily available to resource-poor communities throughout the world since 1973. Today, *Doctor* and additional Hesperian guides on women’s health, environmental health, early childhood development, and more are available in over 80 languages and are used by community health workers and advocates to train, educate, and empower individuals and communities worldwide. Hesperian is based in Berkeley, CA.
*SUMMARY OF POSITION:*
Hesperian seeks a dynamic Development Director to join our fundraising team! As the Development Director, you will lead an established fundraising team of 3 full-time staff (including 2 Development Associates, and a Grant Writer) to reach Hesperian’s annual fundraising goal of $1.5 million through individual major gifts, corporate donors, and foundation grants.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional with a proven track record of success attracting Major Gifts from individual and corporate donors, managing a large donor portfolio, cultivating new major gift opportunities, and strategic planning for long-term fundraising goals. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and is an active participant on Hesperian’s leadership and strategy team.
*Direct Fundraising: 55%*
· Leads and actively participates in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and management of a portfolio of individual major donors with a focus on increasing donor renewal rates and securing new major gift opportunities
· Coordinates philanthropic outreach strategy – including events – and represents Hesperian at community events and meetings
- Develops and implements year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for corporate donors and partnerships - Supports Executive Director and Grant Writer to cultivate new relationships and opportunities with grant-making institutions
· Ensures individual donors and corporate funders are stewarded appropriately**
*Fundraising Strategy and Planning: 25%*
· Develops annual fundraising plans, in coordination with the Executive Director and fundraising staff, including strategies and goals for acquiring, renewing and generating increased support from individual and corporate donors.
· Active member of the senior management team; participates in developing program planning and operational budgets
· Coordinates and engages with Board of Directors to support Board fundraising efforts; acts as a liaison to the Board Fundraising Committee
*Supervisory and Management Responsibilities: 20%*
- Manages a high performing team of 3 fundraising team members, as well as volunteers and student interns, towards achieving established goals and outcomes
· Oversees and supports the development of fundraising activities targeted to individual donors, including events, e-mail, social media, and traditional mail appeals
- Maintains timely communication with Hesperian staff and Board of Directors
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Four or more years of nonprofit fundraising experience; at least two years spent managing a team of professional staff preferred
· Proven track record of achieving revenue targets for major gifts and fundraising campaigns. Proven management and leadership capabilities
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability and experience prospecting, cultivating, and managing new donor relationships
· Experience developing and managing fundraising goals and budgets
· Excellent computer skills (proficiency in Word and Excel); experience with donor database programs preferred
· Strong personal organization and initiative, with proven success at managing multiple projects
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including staff and board members, international partners, and Hesperian donors
· A positive attitude and enthusiasm for Hesperian’s work, mission and philosophy
· Health or international development experience strongly preferred
· Prior experience living and working overseas a plus
Competitive salary DOE. Excellent benefits. The position will remain open until filled. Hesperian is committed to increasing diversity and providing equal opportunity within our community. We do not discriminate against persons based on age, color, race, religion, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, political persuasion, or marital status. We are an equal opportunity employer and * strongly* encourage people of color, women, and people with disabilities to apply for all of our job openings.
For more info CLICK HERE
Tipping Point Community
1 in 5 people in the Bay Area live in poverty. We've created T Lab at Tipping Point Community, a place where a team of creative, accomplished, intrepid problem-solvers from a variety of backgrounds will spend six months designing and testing new solutions in the fight against poverty. T Lab begins in October and participants will receive a stipend for their full-time work.
T Lab is accepting applications from now until June 14th. We're looking for designers, engineers, business minds, non-profit professionals, social scientists, and effective problem-solvers from any discipline. We want people who dream big, get things done, and are passionate about making a difference! Click here for more information!
Joe's Crab Shack
Joe’s Crab Shack in Fisherman’s Wharf is conducting on site interviews !
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION AT prior to coming in for an open interview.
Landing a gig at Joe's is pretty sweet. You'll work in a fun, hang-loose environment, work with cool people, and enjoy some pretty competitive benefits to boot.
Joe's Crab Shack is seeking enthusiastic, people with a passion for great food and service! We are currently accepting applications for Servers, Host and Kitchen team members.
JVS Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance
Job Title: Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance
Job Classification: Non-Profit
City: San Francisco
|Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization founded in 1973. JVS plays a leadership role in collaborative employment and training efforts throughout San Francisco and in workforce policy development and advocacy at local, state and federal levels.
JVS offers a comprehensive array of programs; through sector based training and employment strategies, close employer engagement, collaborative partnerships and targeted programs for youth and adults with disabilities, and displaced workers. JVS has become a nationally recognized innovator in workforce development.
The Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance plays a crucial role in ensuring that JVS’s data management, program performance, evaluation functions, and continuous quality improvement efforts are consistent and rigorous across the organization. In alignment with JVS’s strategic plan, the Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance provides direction and oversight to program evaluation, performance measurement and research. The Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance is responsible for ensuring JVS’s policies and procedures are in compliance with our funders, accrediting bodies, and our own high standards of excellence and customer service. As part of JVS’s matrix (cross-agency) systems, the Senior Manager of Evaluation and Compliance supervises a team to support agency wide data collection, performance evaluation, monitoring, and reporting. The team includes operational aspects of JVS programming such as quality assurance, reporting and administrative support.
Evaluation, Performance Monitoring and Planning
Systems Management and Business Processes
Compliance and Accreditation
|• M.A./M.S. degree in Public Policy, Business, Education or other relevant field preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in evaluation, outcomes research design, and program monitoring.
• Demonstrated experience in government policy and regulation analysis.
• Agile user of technology and proficient in data management administration, design and implementation. Experience with Salesforce essential.
• Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and management. Excellent, dynamic leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire staff and teams and facilitate collaborative projects. Experience supervising managers preferred.
• Demonstrated experience leading, managing and holding full responsibility for a department.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to make sound and timely decisions.
• Ability to function at the strategic and operational level, and bridge the two in a day-to-day environment.
• Strong systems thinker with the ability to initiate, lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously, acumen in analyzing and implementing improvements in business processes.
• Excellent customer service and relationship management skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele.
• A passion for the JVS mission.
|How to Apply|
JVS Summer Employment Specialist
Job Title: Summer Employment Specialist
Job Classification: Non-profit
Region: San Francisco
City: San Francisco
Full or Part Time? Other
Regular or Temporary? Temporary Position
|The High School and Bridge Programs (HSB) provide a continuum of vocational and employment services for youth ages 14-24 with barriers to employment. Services include job readiness programs for special education high school students, paid internship and job placement services, and transition services for older youth, including a healthcare bridge program, competitive employment placement, and postsecondary education enrollment services. Key partners include San Francisco Unified School District, City College of San Francisco, local employers, and the San Francisco Department of Children, Youth, and Their Families. HSB serves approximately 800 youth each year across 15 sites.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
• Identify, orient and prepare employers to support and evaluate students onsite at their worksites.
|• B.A./B.S. degree in relevant field preferred.
• Demonstrated experience providing vocational and employment services, including skills assessment, employment coaching, job development, staffing, recruiting, placement and retention.
• Experience working in collaboration with educational institutions and other community partners preferred.
• Excellent presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills.
• Excellent customer service and relationship management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
• Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance including the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or similar programs, relational databases (such as Salesforce.com) and Internet research abilities.
• A Passion for the JVS mission.
|How to Apply|