Bay Area Coalition for Employment Development
CHALK is hiring NOW!
Two of CHALK's programs, YouthLINE and YFYI are now hiring. NO Experience Neccessary!!!
Applicants must be ages 14- 18 and a resident of San Francisco
14-21 and on probation in San Francisco County.
Position One: YouthLINE Interns
- Attend ongoing training and meetings
- Host at least one YouthLINE Live Television show
- Create a short film with Mentor
- Attend weekly field shifts
- General office work
- Other duties assigned
Click HERE to download application
Position Two: Youth Funding Youth Ideas Program Officer & Youth Evaluator
- Attend ongoing training and meetings – Never stop learning. Never stop growing.
- Public Speaking - Present information about YFYI to organizations and companies for youth and adults
- Facilitate meetings and workshops – be the kind of teacher you wish you had. Share your knowledge.
- Provide support to applicants and grantees – everyone needs someone on their team. Be an advocate!
- Grant making! Give money to youth who are leading some of the coolest projects for social change.
- Assist young people in developing their project ideas and be part of changing your community
- Interview applicants and get to know the amazing youth of San Francisco
- Other duties
- Manage our YFYI website, Social Media, Blogs, Video Making, Design, etc.
- Conduct Research & Develop awesome reports using infographics, Prezi and more
- Help our program grow! YFYI is YFYI because each cohort of youth staff make our program better.
- Learn to use SALESFORCE! Gain technical skills and make your resume stand out!
- Have FUN and Grow. Your voice matters. It counts and it is needed. Be part of our team J
Click HERE to download application
Since 2012, Wishbone has sent 220 motivated high school students to a wide variety of summer programs in areas such as liberal arts, athletics, programming/technology, visual arts, science, performing arts, science, and engineering, just to name a few.
We are currently accepting applications from students who would be interested in participating in Wishbone to attend a summer program of their choosing. We have two deadlines for the summer application: December 1, 2014 for early enrollment, and the final deadline is February 1, 2015. To be eligible, students must attend high school in one of Wishbone’s regions (SF Bay Area, Los Angeles, and New York City), and qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program.
To apply for a Wishbone scholarship, students should visit www.wishbone.org/students to view comprehensive information about our application process and to explore summer programs on our online program database. School staff and teachers should visit our Advocate page at www.wishbone.org/advocates to learn how they can support their students through the Wishbone application.
Anti-Bullying Awareness Month
To recognize Anti-Bullying Awareness Month, the SF District Attorney’s office is hosting their third annual Bye Bye Bullying video contest for students to address cyberbullying and harassment. The purpose of the contest is to encourage youth to discuss cyberbullying more openly and develop solutions to stop cyberbullying.
This year the Golden State Warriors have teamed up with District Attorney Gascón on the Bye Bye Bullying Campaign, and will award 1st place winners with an opportunity to appear in an anti-bullying public service announcement featuring members of the Golden State Warriors organization! The public service announcement, produced by the Warriors, will be shown during timeouts and between quarters at future games. In addition to the Warriors prize, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive prizes such as autographed baseballs and signed photographs of the San Francisco Giants players or Jawbone Jambox Classic smartspeaker.
Please encourage youth in your programs and networks to create a 60-second video addressing the theme "Being Bully Free Starts with Me." The November 10th submission deadline is fast approaching - please help us spread the word to San Francisco middle and high school students!